CHN 2021 Sid Dickens Memory Blocks Auction
Have questions? Click the tabs below for helpful tips.
Welcome to the Children’s Heart Network of BC Society’s Online Auction. Please review the information below before participating.
In order to bid on an item, you must register to create an account on CHNevents.org.
To bid on an item, enter your bid amount and click or tap the Bid Now button to submit your bid. The page will refresh and the current bid amount will be updated. An information bar will appear at the top of the page displaying the results of your bid.
The auction uses an anti-snipping feature that will extend the item’s ‘Time Left’ if a bid is made close to the end time.
This enables the auction to be more live style in that it will continue until bidding stops. This allows highest bids as it won’t cut off if two or more bidders are competing near closing time.
Bid increments are set $10. (Our auction does not include proxy bidding.)
This website will automatically send email notifications as you participate in the auction. These include outbid, won item, etc. As email can sometimes be delayed, it may not be timely enough. We now offer the option to sign up for SMS text notifications so that you can receive notices on your mobile device. SMS notifications tend to be instant, but we recommend that they not be relied upon and suggest that you check back near the auction’s closing time to avoid being outbid.
You must opt-in to receive SMS notifications. To do this, visit ‘My Addresses’ under ‘My Account’ – open ‘Billing Address’ to add your billing address and phone number (be sure to use a mobile phone number to receive texts). Then, tick the box at the bottom to opt-in, if it isn’t already. Save to update and complete the opt-in.
The opt-in button is a bit hidden away in the address section. Here is a video clip showing you how to find it:
If items receive last-minute bids within 3 minutes of the auction end time, the item receiving the bid will be extended for bidding by 3 minutes. This is to prevent bid sniping and allow the previously winning bidder an opportunity to bid again. The best strategy for winning an auction is to bid as high as you’re willing to.
YOUR BID IS A CONTRACT TO PURCHASE
When you place a bid on an online auction item, you enter into a contract to purchase the item if you are the winning bidder. You are the winning bidder if your bid is the highest bid at auction close.
You agree to pay the full amount of your winning bid plus any applicable taxes and applicable shipping or delivery charges.
Payment for all auction items is by credit card only, via the online auction system. You will be notified of any winning bids and may log in to your ‘My Account’ page to proceed with payment.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Unless otherwise specified, the following conditions apply to all the items in the Auction:
- All sales are final. Items may not be exchanged, and no money will be refunded. All items are sold “as is” unless otherwise noted.
- Auction description of items includes estimates of the items fair market value. All values are estimated only and are not guaranteed CHN.
- By his/her purchase, the buyer waives any claim for liability against CHN or its employees, the auction volunteers, and the donor of the property or services. Neither CHN nor the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property that may result from the use of property or services sold.
- Restaurants: Reservations are required for most establishments unless otherwise noted, alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities are generally not included.
- Services: Gratuities for stylist, technicians, trainers and other service providers are generally not included in the gift certificates. Please remember to show your appreciation accordingly.
- Tickets/Passes: Events, performances, and sports tickets/passes that do not specify a date may require advance reservations and be subject to availability.
- Blackout Dates as well as rules and exceptions apply to some items. Please read the descriptions carefully.
We hope you enjoy the CHN online auction. If you are having any troubles, or have any questions please contact us.
CHN has endeavored to catalogue and describe property correctly, but all property is sold “as is”. No statements contained in the online catalogue or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation or assumption of liability.
All items in the presentation are for illustrative purposes only. Most restaurants, travel and hotel gift certificates exclude alcohol, tax, gratuity, parking, surcharges and incidentals. Reservations are usually required at least 30 days in advance to ensure the most travel and space availability. Some blackout days may be in effect. The CHN reserves the right to withdraw any item for sale.
All prices are listed in Canadian dollars (unless specified), and all sales are final; there will be no exchanges or refund of items. Air travel prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and have no cash value. The CHN assumes no responsibility for travel arrangements.
No services are to be or will be performed by the CHN. The CHN will bear no responsibilities for the delivery or quality of any of the services or for any loss or damages arising from or related to or connected with performance or non-performance of such services. The high bidder further acknowledges that in the event services are purchased, the CHN cannot be responsible for or liable for any political unrest, pandemic or instability that may occur inside or outside the confines of Canada, nor can the CHN be accountable for any injuries or damages that may arise there from.
We ship to USA and Canada. A charge of $29 will be added to each tile purchased, unless Vancouver or Richmond pickup is selected at checkout.
For the four California Tile Hanger items no shipping will be charged as they are graciously covering shipping within Canada and the USA.